November 28, 2012

Food Tour

A food tour of NYC is not only genious it's right up my alley. One of my biggest complaints about living here is so many restaurants, so little time (oh, and not that much money)
 
The tour allows you to taste generous samples of 5 or 6 restaurants in a neighborhood while learning about the cultural history of the area. It's really the perfect combo. Not to mention, if you like your little sample, you can go back for the whole thing, or more, another time. Time and money unwasted!
 
Our particular tour was of NoLIta (north of Little Italy) and NoHo (north of Houston).
I had no idea this area was so full of boutiques, Mafia history, quaint streets, and a fabulous mix of totally affordable, yet gourmet, cuisine. I love new discoveries!
 
Brooklyn Blackout cupcakes from Little Cupcake Bakeshop
 
Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza from Emporio.
 
Ratatouille Tartine with bread overnighted from Paris! Tartinery
 
Homemade graham crackers from Peels. So simple, but completely divine.
 
At this rustic cafe, The Smile, we had homemade ricotta cheese on whole grain bread
with cherry tomatoes. I licked my fingers clean and I don't even like ricotta!!!

Mexican roasted corn with chipotle mayo and cheese at Tacombi. I was too excited to try a bite before I took the picture. Hence, the post-stirred and half-devoured cup of corn in the photo :)
 
Although all the food was out of this world...
the best part of the tour was walking around the streets of NYC with all of these people.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment