December 19, 2012

Homemade Ornaments

Since all my ornaments are in Arizona, decorating our tree was a challenge.
Sure, I could go to Target and buy a bulk box of colored balls to hang on the tree, but
when you're used to each ornament telling a story, that just wouldn't do.
 
Instead, I thought we could make some of the ornaments. I was thrilled with this idea,
but as I'm sure you're guessing Kyle was less than enthused. I assured him he could "help"
by just hanging out with me and drinking Egg Nog. In knew he'd be fine with that.


 
They turned out pretty good and were a lot of fun to make (at least I thought so). We used different cookie cutters and small letter stamps to write different messages. If you'd like to make these with your family, here's the recipe I used. It's just cornstarch, baking soda, and water and super easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment