October 30, 2011

Michigan: Game Day

My second weekend in Michigan, Kyle and I decided to take a little road trip of our own...

just the two of us.


First we rented a car. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically when I saw Kyle pull up in this thing. Not sure why, but I just think it's the goofiest looking car (no offense to anyone who sports this baby while driving around town).

We drove down to Ann Arbor and spent a day tootling around there, checking out the University of Michigan campus.


Sunday we went to Detroit to watch the 49er's/Lions game. This was my very first NFL game and I was excited that San Francisco was playing. Ever since Kyle was just a little guy he's been a die-hard 49er's fan. You could tell by his room, his clothes, and even his Christmas stocking. Not to mention, he can tell you every statistic about the team and its players. I was excited to share this moment with him at a 49er's game.


I was, however, a bit nervous considering we were extremely outnumbered by the Detroit fans, their stadium is very loud, and their fans can be brutal.

Everything turned out great. We won, we were only heckled by a few sore losers, and we made it out of Detroit alive! I would say the weekend was a success.



No comments:

Post a Comment