January 12, 2012

So Far "Sew" Good

One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn to sew. When I got a beautiful sewing machine and an online home-ec class for Christmas I had no excuses. Since the first of the year I have been a sewing fool. Many of the basics I picked up in my own 7th grade home-ec class came right back to me and I've been working my way through the list of projects in my online class.

Here's a peek at what I've made so far.



reversible quilted hot pads



a pencil case with a zipper


drawstring gift bags, large and small


a lined tote bag


an apron (this one I made from a pattern and boy was it a lot of work for this newbie)

I'm really enjoying myself and I've already got a few more projects lined up.

2 comments:

  1. Now that you're comfortable with your new machine.....Macy and Bella would like a new pillow for their princess bed. Think you're up for it?

    ReplyDelete