May 26, 2010

Island Vacation Here We Come!

It's done! Kyle and I have booked our trip to Barbados and St. Lucia for his break in August. We will be gone for a total of 9 days, 4 in Barbados and 5 in St. Lucia. We are both very excited about this trip, maybe Kyle is not as excited about the cost, but nonetheless I know we will have a great time. I call it our birthday/anniversary gifts. A little late on one and a little early on the other. Now, I know many of you are saying to yourselves, "Don't you already live on a beautiful tropical island? Why would you need to spend all that money to go to another one?" Good questions...and yes, we do live on an island, but where we live is quite different. In fact, in a conversation I had with my dad on our visit home it became very clear. He was trying to steer me away from the resorts and the touristy areas of each island, which normally I would completely agree with. However, we WANT resorts! I have local up to my eyeballs! That is my life. Local food, local people, local attitudes, local transportation, and quite frankly, by August we'll be ready to sit ourselves in a lounge chair on a beautiful white sand beach and sip a pina colada (or 2 or 3). We may also indulge in some "local" McDonald's and Pizza Hut. Don't get me wrong, we'll still visit many parts of each island, but I am just giving you a heads up so when you all our pictures and it looks like all we did was eat, drink, and stare at the water, that's probably because that's mostly what we're going to. Anyway, thought I would let you all know about our fabulous trip to come. We are both so very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment