May 20, 2010

My Birthday



Yesterday, the 19th, was my birthday and I turned 24. I must say it was hard to spend my birthday away from my family, but then again I have been spending it away from Kyle for the last 6 years. After I graduated high school, I spent each birthday in a different country. I turned 19 in Slovenia, 20 in Turkey, 21 in Italy, 22 in Japan, 23 in Cambodia, and now 24 in Dominica. It's amazing to me to just think about that. This year was special in that I got to spend it with extended family...all the girls who care about me and give me support. They had a dual party for me and a girl getting married. Anna made us a cake, which was beautiful as always. Kyle had anatomy lab from 1-5pm so we plan on going out to a nice dinner this weekend to celebrate. I think the highlight of my day was the gift I got from Jared. It was a bag of double stuffed Oreos, cookies from Subway, and a bunch of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Those kinds of things are hard to get around here so that really made me excited. Now I just have to keep Kyle away from them so they'll last a while. Thank you for all the birthday wishes from everyone. It was a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of Jared to get you some goodies that Kyle will love to share with you. The cake is beautiful! We have to try the marshmellow fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Heidi!

    ReplyDelete