May 30, 2010

This Past Week

This past week I have gone to a lot of new places on the island. I started out by going to Batibou Beach on Tuesday. Now, this is not a new place for me, but I go every time I get a chance. Another day we went ziplining. This is where they harness you in and you swing through the jungle like Tarzan. It was such a blast and I felt very safe the entire time. I am not a thrill seeker by any means and this was just enough for me to have fun, and still feel at ease.



Another day I went on the Indian River tour, with Meagan, her aunt, and Taylor, which is only about 5 minutes from where we live. It was such a beautiful afternoon and we enjoyed the feeling of serenity while we were out on the boat. It was so peaceful on the river. We saw a lot of crabs, birds, and fish. This is one of the spots where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean.



The same day we went on the river trip, we also went to a place called Screw's Spa. It's a place situated in the jungle where they built pools with the natural sulphur springs that are all over the island. In the picture you can see how there are several different pools and each pool has a different temperature. Some are cool, others are warm, and some are even hot. It is supposed to be great for your skin and body and people pay a lot of money to visit these kinds of places all over the world. With our school IDs we only paid 10 EC, which included a tray of tropical fruits when we were done. It was a beautiful place that I would love to go back to again.


So now you have a little more of a taste what I do while Kyle studies all day. Oh and I do throw in daily delivered lunches and dinners, tutoring at the school in the afternoon, meetings, and trip organizing for the RSO. You can say I am never bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment