December 1, 2010

Santa and His Elves

Every other year my mom and dad light up their house like the North Pole. We've always only decorated on the even years since we travel to St. Louis for Christmas on the odd years. Not to mention, it would be way too much work to put up all these lights each year. They put up over 50,000 lights and it truly is beautiful. I've always been proud of our Christmas lights and I love being a part of it. This year Kyle and I expected to be in Dominica during the setup time, but instead we're here to help.
About a week before Thanksgiving Santa and his 3 elves get to work. In case you were wondering, Santa is my dad. He is the head honcho who directs us all and makes sure we don't blow up the house. We would let him help string the lights, but that would be like asking a kindergartner to address your Christmas cards...it's just not a good idea. Instead, he has 3 hard working elves...my mom, Kyle, and I. It takes us about 2 weeks to get everything up in the front and back yard, but when we turn it all on it is worth the work. The neighbors seem to like it too.
Elf #1: Kyle


Elf #2: Mom


I'm Elf #3 and I took the photos. I will post pictures of the house all lit up when it's ready.
This picture is just a peek into the kind of electrical contraptions we build to make it all work. Let's just say I've used more extension cords, plug converters, and electrical tape than I ever care to.



1 comment: