November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving gave us much to be thankful for...first, each other. This is our first Thanksgiving together as husband and wife and I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with. Second, spending this day with our families. Considering we were scheduled to be in Dominica at this point, it's a blessing to be able to share another Turkey Day with grandmas, grandpas, moms, dads, brothers, and sisters. We love all of you so much and it meant a lot to look across the table to see your smiling face. And last, but certainly not least, Kyle and I found out we're going to be an aunt and uncle in August. Kyle's brother and his wife are expected a beautiful bundle of joy this summer and we are thrilled. I must say, I never gave much thought to the idea of being an aunt until now. As an only child I never thought of anyone calling me Aunt Heidi, but I do like the sound of it.

We started the day with a turkey lunch at Kyle's grandma's house and finished the day with a turkey dinner at my mom and dad's. Let's just say we had to be rolled home by the time we were done. We certainly didn't go hungry. The picture to the left is a nice shot my mom took of my dad and I...thanks mom! We're flipping the bird in the oven to get 360 degrees of crispness. It's a 2-man job for sure.

It was a great day with great people and great food. We are truly blessed and many ways.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment