November 6, 2010

SOLD!!!

In an attempt to further slim down the amount of stuff in our storage unit and to make a bit of extra cash, Kyle and I decided to have a garage sale. Luckily my cousin, Edie, had a lot of furnishings and items for kids that she was also needing to get out of her house/garage. Together, we had a fine lookin' sale! While I taught 3rd grade, Kyle and Edie held the sale on Friday and boy was it busy. Lots of stuff sold and we all made some money. Now today, Saturday, I'm sitting here by myself as Kyle puts out signs and gets us some coffee. I've had a drive by and 1 couple peruse our "junk", but not a single sale an an hour. Is it me??? Hopefully not. Otherwise, it's going to be one loooong day. While I hate, doing these yard sales, I always feel good when their done. Our pocket books are thicker and our lives are less cluttered. I thought I'd run down a few things that really bother me about yard sales...

I hate when everything is clearly marked and they still ask you how much for everything! (There's a reason why I spent hours labeling each item)

I can't stand when they bring up a big pile of stuff and make you an offer, much lower than priced, and tell you this all the cash they have on them. (I say BS! Who goes for a day of yard sale shopping with only $7?)

My biggest pet peeve is when they ask you if you'll take 1/16 of the price you have labeled. I mean, come on! I understand the need for a bargain, but you're at a yard sale...it's already a bargain. (What they're really asking is if I'll take $1 for the item I have priced at $12, but originally paid $80 for and used twice...I don't think so)

Well that's my rant for the day. Poor Kyle's heard it a few times, so I thought I'd share the wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment