November 15, 2010

It's Chili in Arizona, With a Side of Philly

While I will admit that it is cooling down, finally, here in the desert, it's only about 76 degrees for a high each day, the chili I'm referring to is the kind we made last week for Monday Night Football. As the Steelers worked on taking down the Bengals we cooked up some savory Cincinnati style chili. Known for it's slightly sweet, yet spicy, taste this chili has cocoa powder, cinnamon, and allspice in its list of ingredients. It's also served over spaghetti noodles and then a heaping pile of cheddar cheese is placed on top. We took it a little easier on the cheese than suggested, but it still turned out fabulous. My dad and I are really becoming quite the cooking team. I love getting to share in these new, yet wonderful traditions.




After some chili, we had a philly...cheesesteak that is. This week the Eagles played the Redskins and we honored them with our own take on the famous cheesesteaks of Philadelphia. What's "our take" you ask? No Cheez Whiz! We actually bought some for Kyle, he wanted some, but I forgot to use it. Whoops. So, all of us (my mom and dad, my grandma, Kyle, and I) had provolone. It was basically deliciousness on a toasted hoagie roll.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute for doing that! I love this tradition, and how great that it's with your dad.

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete