February 8, 2011

Test Day = Best Day

On Monday Kyle had his first big exam of the semester. Those are always the scariest, but he still did great! (I'm such a proud wife) I always make us breakfast. This time it was banana pancakes, bacon, and coffee. After his exam we usually go out to lunch and then hang out around here. This time I thought it would be fun to move the party elsewhere...Batibou Beach. I put together a trip for 14 students and me. We took 15 people, 2 vans, beach games, 5 cases of beer, and 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, made by yours truly. The students all had a blast. It was great to see them so excited to be outdoors and run free on the beach, which we had completely to ourselves. Best of all, I got a day with Kyle. Test days are the best! We actually get to hang out without the stress of school weighing on his mind. I cherish every hour of test days.



The guys played a lot of games and I watched contently from my towel as I enjoyed the sea breeze. They played football, corn hole, and bocce ball (with coconuts). So inventive!

Days until the next test day...29 and counting!

1 comment: