April 26, 2011

SURPISE!

Today is my dad's 60th birthday (Happy Birthday Daddy!), but Saturday was when we had the real fun. Since October my mom and I have been planning a surprise birthday for him which was hard to do at times since we were an ocean apart. We did most of the cooking and prep down at my grandma's house while he thought we were out shopping and running errands. We knew he would be gone for at least 4 or 5 hours while he played golf with Kyle and Kyle's dad.


Saturday evening he strolled into the house looking exhausted from the 18 holes he had just played, but little did he know there were about 40 people on the patio waiting to wish him a happy birthday. He was shocked and the look on his face showed it. All I have to say is "Got ya'!"

the surprise...




the invite...



the food...



2 comments:

  1. Heidi, party looked so cute. I need you and your Mom's appetizers in my life. I'm craving this photograph! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the party was a hit! miss you Heidi Lou

    ReplyDelete