September 16, 2011

Good Morning Mrs. Hickman

My main reason for staying in Arizona while Kyle went to Michigan was to work...we could certainly use the extra income. I knew I could jump right back into subbing and that's just what I've done. I've been working nearly every day of the week in classes all over the valley and of all ages. One day I'm with the little squirts in kindergarten and the next I'm in an 8th grade English class. It keeps me on my toes, always wondering what's next. I'm glad to be so busy and I feel fortunate to be able to step back into a job to bring in a little bit of money, but I certainly miss Kyle and being away from him has been even harder than I thought.

The other thing that's been hard is getting up early. I'm used to "island time" where I could sleep in late, stroll to the pool around noon, and be home by 5 to start dinner. Now, I hear my alarm go off at 6am and want to scream. I'm not saying I miss the island, but I do miss my sleep and look forward to the weekends.

I fly to Michigan on October 6th to see Kyle and I'm counting down the days. I'm also looking forward to seeing fall...a foreign concept in AZ. It should be a great time.

Until then, it's work, work, work. Hopefully I continue to stay as busy as I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment