September 26, 2011

Shower the People You Love with Love

This weekend I threw a bridal shower for my friend Megan. She's getting married to the love of her life, Derek, on November 5th. Kyle and I are both in the wedding and we are so thrilled to be a part of their special day. Megan threw my shower for me almost 2 years ago. It was so beautiful and memorable that I couldn't wait to return the favor.


Here's a peak at Megan's retro housewife bridal shower.



We played a couple of games...





Guests were asked to fill out a recipe card they received with their invitation. They dropped it off in the box here and made a name tag for themselves...


We ate some light picnic style foods...




And after gifts we had some desserts...



All that food was washed down with a tasty raspberry lemonade cocktail that I highly recommend...



Guests also signed an apron for Megan with well wishes and advice...



The bride-to-be modeling her new kitchen attire...



Guests took a jar of homemade cinnamon honey butter as a favor...




Despite the warm weather (108 degrees) we had, I think the shower was a success and I hope Megan will think back fondly of her shower for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. It was a PERFECT shower and I felt very special to be there! Thank you! I am still thinking about those yummy sandwiches...and the wicked (but oh so refreshing) punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again Heidi. You are an amazing host and the shower really represented my personality. If you want to go into business, I'd love to help you get the ball rolling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like amazing bridal shower, you must have put so much time and love into it. And know you, you enjoyed every minute of it. You should look into event planning, you would be great. There is a blog where you can send in pictures of the event you planned and then it is showcased on her blog, you should do it! I was so impressed and ready to remarried so I can have a shower like that... Don't worry it would still be with nick.

    ReplyDelete