November 18, 2011

Dresser DIY

One of the items on my list of things to do was refinishing a very special piece of furniture.


A dresser.

This dresser belonged to Kyle's father, Ron, who passed away when Kyle was 4. It was used by Ron when he was a young boy growing up in Minnesota and continued on with Kyle's parents as they made the move to Montana and then to Arizona.


After over 50 years of use, being covered in Ninja Turtle sticker, and I'm sure a few dents and dings from hockey sticks...well, it needed a bit of T.L.C.


What we started with (complete with a drawer in 5 pieces)




Sanded and Stripped



Working with my dad, carefully sanding and tightening every piece.






Primed.




The final product!







I'm so thrilled with the outcome. We hope to use this in a nursery, one day.


It was a fun project for me to do with my dad and I couldn't have done it without his help. I learned a great deal about refinishing furniture. I'm already looking for my next project.

1 comment: