November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

I made my very first Thanksgiving dinner all on my own!


It was a lot of work, but I think it turned out great. We had very few leftovers (always a good sign). The turkey tasted moist and delicious. Aesthetically it wasn't as great...the skin tore while being turned (courtesy of Kyle) and it broke my heart to ruin my beautiful bird.





We also had mashed potatoes, apple and sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, Pillsbury croissant rolls (courtesy of Chef Luke), and pumpkin chocolate cheesecake pie (recipe here and highly recommended).


Kyle and Luke (as well as the 4 other students not pictured) gobbled it all up.



We finished of the weekend with a little bit of Black Friday shopping and watched the holiday classic Home Alone to get in the Christmas spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment