December 16, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love Christmas! I truly love everything about it!

The weather, spending time with family, baking, the music, the decorations, waving hello to Santa at the mall (yes, I know I'm too old for that), eggnog, lighting candles at church, buying gifts for loved ones, the list could go on and on.

Well, nothing puts me in the mood for the holidays more than some good ol' Christmas songs. I try to wait until after Thanksgiving before I start listening, but most of the time I just can't help myself and start a little early. I'll always have a handful of favorites, but this year I found a new love...
This is Vintage Christmas by David Ian and it's amazing. It has a soft, jazzy feel like you're back in 1945 at a dinner show, but it's still got the classics. I've been playing it over and over as I wrap gifts by the warm fire. Give this album a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment