July 7, 2012

We Made It!

What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been! We traveled 2,500 miles, packed trailer in tow, from Phoenix to New York stopping to site see and visit family along the way. It took us a total of 2 1/2 weeks to get here, but last Saturday we pulled up to our new home on the Upper East Side.


The move in process was exhausting, hot, sticky, and oh, did I mention exhausting? The 3 stories of stairs to our apartment aren't for sissies, but on the plus side, I get a great leg workout everyday. Thanks to some help from my parents and a friend we got the job done in a little over 2 hours. The unpacking process, on the other hand, has taken me all week, but things are coming together nicely. I even cooked dinner the last 2 nights using all the kitchen utensils, plates, pots, and pans from our wedding. It was a dream come true. For the first time, this feels like our home.

We are loving the city and our location. There is so much around us and the rest is a short walk or subway ride away. The streets around our apartment aren't swarming with tourists as they are in other areas and I'm really learning to appreciate that. Kyle has started his rotation in Internal Medicine and has lots of stories to gross me out over dinner (thanks honey). I'm in the process of setting up house and hunting for a job.

There will be more stories (and pictures) to share in the coming weeks. I haven't been very good about taking snapshots so far, but it's been hard to do that while lugging groceries and housewares around the streets of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment