August 19, 2012

Just a Taste

This weekend was full of quick bites and sneak peaks. We got a taste of all sorts of things.

A taste of... the fall weather to come. Getting to wear a light cardigan or a jacket like this was heavenly, even if it only lasts a few hours in the mornings and again in the evenings.


A taste of...the freshest, most delicious doughnut ever from Dough at the Brooklyn Flea Market. I can't even say enough about the blood orange glaze. It was so fresh and perfectly tart.




A taste of...golfing in the city with his friend Jared. 18-holes of green grass and trees with the Verrazano Bridge in the background.

A taste of...some pretty unique pie at Four & Twenty Blackbirds in Brooklyn. One slice of Salted Caramel Apple and one slice of Strawberry-Nectarine please!


A taste of...a job. I got a job teaching kids, ages 5-7, for a 3 week summer program. It's a temporary job that will end soon, but I love it and it's given me even more drive to find something during the school year. I've been doing a lot of applying so please say a few prayers and send some "hiring vibes" my way!

1 comment:

  1. Okay.... officially jealous!! All that food is enough to make me want to move there.

    I'm actually coming for a visit in 2 weeks with all my sisters/mother in law! I get in on Friday the 31st, before the rest of my family and I'd love to get together with you that evening for dinner if you can (and want!)... let me know:) My mother in law rented us an amazing loft in Noho (apparently this famous fashion publicist owns it!!)- I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete