August 6, 2012

Serendipity

ser-en-dip-i-ty
noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident
2. good fortune; luck

I love this word. I feel like it defines a good amount of our journey in life, especially when I look at Kyle and I moving to an island and then hopping around before finally settling here in NYC.



It's also the name a small New York City restaurant and dessert cafe. Serendipity 3, as it's known, has been around since 1954 and is located just 5 short blocks from our apartment. I pass it almost on a daily basis. It's frequently visited by celebrities and politicians and is seen in quite a few films. We finally made it there late one night after a quiet dinner at home, they're open until 2 AM, you know and I knew exactly what I wanted before I saw the menu.

Frrrozen Hot Chocolate!!! It is by far their most famous dessert.
(oh it is soooo heavenly and since I knew you'd ask...it's calorie free, isn't it?)



Kyle, on the other hand, had a butterscotch sundae. That was pretty darn good too! 
I had to try it first to make sure it was safe :)




So now you know where to go in the city to completely destroy any exercise or diet you had in mind, in case you were wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment