September 10, 2012

Falling for Fall

I can tell by the cool air in the mornings and evenings, and occasionally during the day,
that fall is just around the corner and I simply can't wait.

I'm a little anxious for a few reasons...
 
1. We've lived in the land of perpetual summer for the last few years. Dominica was hot, all the time.
 
2. Being an Arizona native, I've never experienced the season of fall and the beautiful changing leaves. We just sort of skip over it and go straight to winter (when we get down to a chilly 65).

 3. We have several visitors coming to the city these next few months and guests are always fun!

 4. Football season and countless hours of watching big, burly men run around on the gridiron.
 
5. I just love the idea of fall. The look, the flavors, the start of the holiday season. It makes me smile.
 
Here are a few things I'm looking forward to this fall:
 
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes from Annies-Eats. They've been a weekend favorite for a few years now.
 
 
 
DIY Pumpkin Spice Lattes also from Annies-Eats. Why pay an arm and a leg at Starbucks when you can have them right at home for a fraction of the cost? I can't wait to try this.
 
 
 
This Butternut Squash Soup recipe (minus the cinnamon and half the brown sugar). It's so creamy, comforting, and it warms the soul. Definitely a fall staple.
 
 
The anticipation of seeing Central Park like this gets me giddy. Isn't it beautiful?
 
And don't even get me started about the clothing. Boots...tights...scarves, oh my!!! 
 
Ahhh, the coziness of fall. It's just around the corner!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment