October 28, 2012

Sandy

This isn't the first time I've made a posting about a hurricane heading our way, although when we lived in the Caribbean it seemed a little more expected. Who knew New York City would be in the direct path one of the biggest storms this hurricane season?
 
 
 
Well, we're prepared! We loaded up on water, batteries, candles, lanterns, and flashlights...as well as some other essentials like beer, Oreos, granola bars, and chips and salsa. Got to cover all your bases, right?
 
With all transit being shut down completely by this evening we'll be staying put in our little apartment for the next 2 days or so. Good thing we like each other because we sure are going to be spending a lot of time together, potentially without power.
 
On that note, here's a direct quote from my dear husband:
"My two main concerns are keeping you safe and being able to watch the 49er's game on Monday night...in no particular order".
 
Thanks babe. I always know I can count on you!
 
Send us luck (or perhaps an oar and a canoe).

1 comment:

  1. Stay safe you guys. What about the hospital? He doesn't have to go in?I just text your Mom and she told me to check out you blog. Keep us posted!!Prayers.

    ReplyDelete