October 9, 2012

New Hair

Most of you know me as a blonde. But, I must confess, I'm a fraud! My real hair color is much darker. In fact it's down right chocolate brown. Keeping up with my ever growing roots is hard work and it gets pretty expensive, especially in NYC. We're talking $250 (minimum) for a cut and color!
 
So, against my own intuition, against Kyle's preference of me as a blonde, and against every hair dressers aversion to "at home/diy hair color"...I did it! I went to the dark side!
 
the before...

 
the after...
 
I think I like it and Kyle says it's "growing on him".
 
What are your thoughts?


4 comments:

  1. i've been debating the same issue except i never know which at home dye to use. what one did you go with? i love the color change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassi, I'm so glad you like it! I used Garnier and the color was 60 Acorn, light natural brown. It was pretty easy to do. Let me know what you do.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks pretty and healthy! I myself (against the advice of friends!) am considering giving up the fight against grey! My colorist thinks I will put him out of business although he admits I have an interesting “Platinum” thing beginning to develop! Tough choices but I think you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Who's your stylist?

    ReplyDelete