January 10, 2011

Back on the Rock

We are back on the island, or "the rock" as many of us refer to it, and it's very surreal. In some ways it feels like we never left and in other ways we have forgotten about how life is here. We've spent the last couple of days trying to get moved, unpacked, and situated, but these things take time around here. I'm sure we'll be pretty well settled come the end of the week. Kyle and I were both very happy to see our friends. They all welcomed us back with open arms. I certainly got used to America in the four short months we were there and I've had a few "meltdowns" already. I know with time I'll get readjusted and things will feel "normal" again. This is all I have to share for now. I have been very busy getting things in order and haven't had much time to communicate with friends and family back home. Once I get our apartment together and my duties as RSO president become less time consuming, I will post pictures and more about our life here in the days to come. We miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Kombai,
    That is "Hello" in papiamento (language of Curacao). We heard you two made the move back to 'your rock' and thought we might say hi. Hope you had good holidays and wish you the best throughout the new year. Take care. Ayo!
    Bobby & KD

    ReplyDelete