January 23, 2011

Weekend Fun

This weekend was quite eventful! It started out with a "progressive dinner" with all the spouses. One of the new spouses thought of the idea as a way for them to see some different apartments. Most people move after their first semester when they realize what will work for them. With this dinner, in just one evening, they got a good look at a few options. The girls hosting had everything from chicken teriyaki to Jello shots. I made coconut chocolate chip blondies for my place and we finished the evening off with some night swimming at the pool. It was a lot of fun and a great way to get to know some of the new girls.


Saturday I spent the day at Batibou Beach, my favorite beach on the island. I didn't take any pictures, since you've all seen it many times, plus, I didn't want those of you surrounded by snow to be too jealous.
Saturday evening Kyle and I went to dinner with Luke and Megan, his girlfriend visiting from Tucson. It was great to finally meet her. I'll be seeing her more as the week goes on as I take her on a trip with the spouses and show her what we do around here.
Sunday it drizzled on and off so I stayed in, made pizza dough to freeze, baked chocolate chip cookies for some of Kyle's study buddies, and finished a good book. What a relaxing way to end a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment