January 18, 2011

News Flash: We Won't Starve!

As many of you know I go to Roseau, the city 1 hour from where we live, to do the majority of our grocery shopping. The prices are cheaper and the selection is much better. This past Monday RSO did a trip so you better believe I was there, along with 5 vans of spouses. It is a very long day, but well worth the trip. We had a van packed to the brim with groceries and a couple of Pizza Hut boxes (it's the latest addition to Dominica). I had a long list of things to get, considering we had to restock a kitchen and I think, for the first time ever, I got everything on my list. It feels so good to be able to cook "real meals" and not eat PB &J's or ham sandwiches for every meal of the day. I think my other half is very excited about this too.


Here it is! Our incredibly shrinking freezer. With each move or fridge/freezers have gotten smaller and smaller. This is our freezer as of now and this doesn't even include the 20lb box of chicken I normally squeeze in here. Since there is no American chicken on the island until late next week, I had to buy a few individual packages to get us through the week. Meat, cheese, frozen veggies, and deli meat is pretty much all this puppy can handle.

Now you have a little peak into our crazy life here and you can all sleep peacefully knowing we won't starve, in case you were worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment