March 3, 2012

Make It Count!

I don't know about you, but I'm always looking to what's next only to look back and regret not enjoying the ride to get there. It's something I'm sure we can all work on, you know, being content with where we are. It was even the topic of a Bible study I did in Dominica and yet I continue to talk about "one day". I suppose bouncing from here to there, not feeling settled, doesn't help, but I know many people who admire, even envy, our "nomad lifestyle".

It's now March, long after the time to make those New Year's resolutions, but I've decided to add one more to my list (which is going quite well I might add). I'm determined to make my days count instead of counting down the days. Making them count doesn't mean I need to accomplish 30 things each day, only that I should enjoy it, take it in, appreciate the small things, and cherish each moment.

What about you? Do you make your days count or are you guilty of counting like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment