March 6, 2012

Yumminess

In case you're in a bit of a food rut and need some new recipes to try, here are a few I've made, and enjoyed, recently.
Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite dishes. When I saw this Chicken Marsala Pasta recipe I knew I had to give it a whirl. It has all the goodness of the traditional dish, but with an added creaminess. (I doubled the liquids for more sauce and used half and half instead of cream)

 
Mexican food in a crockpot...bingo! This recipe for Chicken Enchilada Soup was very easy as well as tasty. Served with some slices of avocado and a few tortilla chips and you got yourself a great supper. A margarita could be a nice addition too :)



I recently made this Sweet Berry Bruschetta to take to a trivia night and as other people were gobbling it up I was wishing I had saved some for us at home. It is truly divine and I'm trying to find another reason to make it. It's not too sweet and very fresh tasting. I'm drooling just thinking about these puppies.

I've made this Pasta with Mascarpone, Chicken, and Spinach 3 times now! Even if I love a recipe a rarely go back to it. This is only because I still have so many others I want to try, but this one must be something special. I love the creamy lemon flavor of the sauce and the wilted spinach adds the perfect amount of bitterness to balance everything out. (I omitted the sun dried tomatoes, I thought it would take over the dish, and I also didn't bother with the breadcrumbs)


If you get your fill of Swedish meatballs by dining at Ikea, please try this recipe. It's so much better. The hint of dill is the perfect touch. I served them over egg noodle with peas on the side.


 
This is a great dip to bring to a party or get together, especially if there are lots of guys there. Just don't tell them it's called Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip. I served mine with celery sticks and Ritz crackers. I also left out the blue cheese...ick!


 
I hope you get a chance to give some of these recipes a whirl. If you have any recipes for me to try, send them my way. I'm always open to a new dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment