August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Kyle!

Today is Kyle's birthday and unfortunately he is not feeling well in addition to studying. Not a very fun way to celebrate turning the big 25. I thought for his special day I would write him a note, a thank you note. Strange it may seem, but another year for him is another "check" for our wish to grow old together and I cannot thank him enough for the joy he has brought me.

Dear Kyle,

Happy Birthday! It seems strange that you are now 25 considering we sat next to each other in 7th grade math when you were 13 and I was 12. You looked at me with googly eyes and I looked at you as a pestering boy (at least that's how I remember it). My how things have changed. I wanted to wish you happy birthday by saying thank you. First, thank you for loving me more than I ever thought possible. I never once have questioned your love for me and I know it's because you remind me constantly and I truly appreciate it. Second, thank you for bringing me to Dominica. This isn't the first place a girl would wish to live for her first years of marriage, but I wouldn't change a thing. This place has made our relationship stronger and taught me more about myself and what kind of person I am and want to be. Finally, I want to thank you for being such a strong and driven man. The hard work and time I see you put in day in and day out to achieve your dream of becoming a doctor is astonishing. I know very few people who are as diligent in their work as you.
I hope you have a great birthday. I love you and couldn't be more thankful to spend the rest of my life with you.
Love,
Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment