August 9, 2010

Victoria Falls

In a land far, far away, there sits the island of Dominica. I am blessed to call this place home, for a short while, and I sometimes forget about the the beauty that sits right in my backyard. This past weekend, while Kyle studied his heart out, I went with some friends to Victoria Falls. It is located on the southeast side of the island is about a 2 hour drive away. Though the drive was windy and long it was well worth the trip. The 6 of us hiked for about an hour to get to the most beautiful waterfall, untouched by man, that I have ever seen. We climbed mossy boulders, crawled through flowing rivers, and snaked under large fallen trees. It was such a breathtaking sight. We even swam in the mist filled pool below the waterfall. I will definitely add this to one of my "Top 5 Dominica Moments" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment