August 3, 2010

Updates

I haven't posted anything in a while and I guess it's because nothing too exciting is going on around here. The students are busier than ever studying and the wives are just trying to stay busy so the countdown until break goes by as fast as possible. Anyway, here's a few updates:
  • It has been POURING rain here! It seems like everyday we get some sort of intense rain for quite a while. It's hurricane season and we've been lucky enough to just get the wind and rain one drops off as it passes by us to the north or south. Praying for no hurricanes!
  • Kyle has 3 practical exams this week, Mini Exam 3 next week, and 3 finals the week after that. He is officially done on August 19th, after he takes his 3rd final. Wooo Hoooo!!!
  • I have been busy getting stuff ready for next semester with the Ross Spouses Organization (RSO) as Activity Coordinator. I want to have the calender setup so when the new spouses come in, they are ready to go on some of the trips we offer to go around the island.
  • Kyle was interested in running for a position for SGA in the hopes of getting more involved in school government. Not to mention, it looks good on your resume for residency. He signed up to be on the Honor Council when he saw he would be the only one running. What could be easier than an election with only 1 candidate? Before he knew it there were 8 people running against him. Despite my attempt to campaign for him by making signs and baking cookies, he WON!!! I am so proud of him, once again.
  • I am saying lots of goodbyes these days as many of my friends have left or are getting ready to leave the island within the next few weeks. We become so close with people on the island and share a special bond. It's sad to see them go, not to mention there's a little jealousy that they get to go back to America and do all those things we all dream about, but at the same time we're going to miss them. The spouses will definitely feel a void at gatherings without these ladies. I pray for nothing but happiness as they continue their med school journey, wherever they may go, and for the thought that our paths might cross again.
  • I have continued to tutor at the day school through the summer, which has been a little bit of extra money, and will continue to do so after the break once school resumes in September. I love my time with those kids.

I think that's all that's going on here. Please say a prayer for Kyle and I as we enter what is known as "the Hell Weeks". Pray for success in his exams and that he may stay relaxed as much as possible and that I can be there for him as he needs me during this very stressful time.

Time until Barbados and St. Lucia...3 weeks and 1 day...but who's counting???

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations.
    Thinking about you during the "Hell Weeks" but what a great reward at the end of it. Barbados and St. Lucia will be such a nice break for you guys.
    Poured rain in Springerville the last two days, nothing like you endured though I am sure. Been in the 60's
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete