September 4, 2010

The Journey Continues

Kyle and I are back from our vacation to Barbados and St. Lucia. We had such an amazing time and are so blessed to be able to visit so many unique places while we're on this journey. I'm sure we'll look back years from now and think about what an experience this was. We loved Barbados for the pure white sand and clear waters and thought St. Lucia was beautiful too, but it looks so much like Dominica that I don't know if we appreciated it as much as one normally would. We did rent a car for a day in each place to explore and I am so proud of Kyle for driving on left side of the road. We certainly had a lot of laughs together. I will post pictures and stories over the next few weeks once school starts and things settle down for both of us. On Monday, Kyle starts his 2nd year of med school and I am proud to announce that his fabulous grades have awarded him a position as a Neuroscience Teacher's Assistant. His hard work is certainly paying off. I will be busy over the next week or so with all the orientations and meetings for new spouses and all the activities that go along with that. We try to have a few events for everyone to meet and for the newbies to ask as many questions as possible. We have all been there and know exactly what they're feeling. It's quite overwhelming and scary when you first arrive on the rock. Then, I will continue to tutor at the day school for a couple of hours each day. I love my time with the kiddos. So...as our break ends we looks back with lots of smiles and special moments, but are excited to get things started. The sooner we start this semester, the sooner my mom comes in October, and the sooner we'll be home for Christmas. Trust me, we're counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment