September 27, 2010

Football and Food

Like many other families across the country we have enjoyed the start of the football season. With Kyle and I being home, and him not studying for all hours of the day, he has been able to really enjoy both college and pro football games. It basically consumes the majority of our weekends and a few week nights here and there. Now, I enjoy watching a game or two, but I have my limits. I still don't understand why we have to watch the highlights of all the games we just watched live? Isn't that like watching a preview for a movie after you've seen the whole thing? Anyway, that's a whole other issue which I believe comes with the territory of being married. Now, to the point of this post...
We have started a new tradition with my mom and dad and I am very excited about it. In fact, it's something I hope we continue for many years to come. Starting last week, when the 49ers (Kyle's team) played the Saints, Kyle made the comment that clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl sounded incredible for dinner. He thought it would be a nice way to honor his team too. I made the dinner and it was delicious, if I do say so myself. Well, his idea stuck and my dad and I have now planned for the whole season of Monday Night Football. Here's the bottom line: we cook a dinner on Monday nights that relate to one or both of the teams playing. I had so much fun putting the menus together. Tonight, as the Bears took on the Packers, I made Beer/Cheese soup (Russ's recipe) and Chicago Dogs. Yuuummmmmy!

If you were wondering, that's popcorn sprinkled on top. It adds a nice crunch.

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome idea, how fun. So are you going to make New England Clam Chowder next Monday or is it going to be something from the South Beach Diet?

    ReplyDelete