October 4, 2010

It's Fall???

Fall is supposedly here, but it hasn't reached AZ. With temperatures in the triple digits, it's been hard to get in to the fall spirit. Since most of our summer clothes are still down in Dominica, Kyle and I are hoping for a quick change in the weather. We've been dreaming of long pants and sweaters for quite some time. Those things are unheard of in Dominica. The pure thought of wearing a sweater there makes me cringe.


This past weekend we stayed cool by hitting the ice. Our friends, Derek and Megan, are getting married and were thrown an engagement party. After the party we took a large party bus to an ice skating rink and played broom ball. It started our pretty chilly, but as we ran around on the ice in our tennis shoes trying to get the ball into the net with a broom with no bristles, it warmed up pretty quickly. After taking a few spills on the ice and running back and forth while trying to not fall, both Kyle and I were VERY sore. Are we getting old??? We sure feel like it. It was a lot of fun and worth the pain.

In keeping with our new Monday Night Football tradition, we made Cuban sandwiches and black bean soup as the Miami Dolphins faced the New England Patriots. No need to worry, we have plenty of meals in the works in honor of some of the teams in northeast. We just thought a little Cuban food would be fun this week.




Kyle is feeling better each and every day, but continues to have moments of his past illness... bad headaches and eye issues. It's a little frustrating. Just when we think he's a had a long run of feeling great, he'll have a day of feeling so-so. I'm just glad that these days, the good days out weigh the bad.


I'm subbing nearly every day. Some days I want to pull my hair out and other days I want to hug all the kiddos and transplant them to my own class. Some days I love the little ones and other days I think "boy are they needy". I guess this period of spending each day in a different class in a different grade will just let me know more about what I want when I have my own class, whenever that day will be.

All of our friends in Dominica took their first exam of the semester today. It made us miss the island and it really hit us that they are moving on without us. Going back in January is going to be quite the challenge. Until then, we'll soak up all the nice weather, whenever it comes, and time with family and friends. You can never have too much of that!

1 comment:

  1. Well we definitely miss you at Glee Tuesdays. I am glad you are having fun and adjusting though.

    ReplyDelete