October 27, 2010

California Here We Come!


In 2 weeks, my mom, Kyle, and I will be driving to California to go to one of my favorite places in the world...THE ROSE BOWL FLEA MARKET! Now, before you jump to conclusions, I must say that this is no ordinary flea market. There are no overweight men in overalls trying to sell rusty old farm equipment and no toothless woman nagging me to buy her "crafty crap", shall we say. This flea market happens to be a unique collection of everything you can imagine and it attracts quite the crowd, including many celebrities, stylists, and designers (we saw a Backstreet Boy last time we were there). There is vintage clothing and furniture, boutique clothes and jewelry, overstocked items (like snowboard gear and clothing), etc. I could go on and on about all the finds. The best part is the element of surprise. Although I have some idea what might be there, in the end I really don't know what to expect. My mom and I go for the fun finds and Kyle goes for the delicious frozen lemonade they sell around the market. I really could park him on a bench all day with this stuff and he's be content. It is sooooo delicious.

This flea market is on the 2nd Sunday of each month right at the Rose Bowl stadium. I really recommend a trip there some time. It's quite the experience and one I feel so lucky to have. After being away, I appreciate all the times we get to spend with family like this. It really is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi & Kyle,

    My mother & I received your very thoughtful Christmas card & your note.

    It is really great to hear you are both doing well & it is terrific to hear that you enjoy island living. That must be a real change of scenery & lifestyle for you both as you build your young lives.

    I wish you happiness & success in all your endeavors & let's try to stay in touch. Hope all is well with your mom & dad.

    Take care for now

    Rick in Godfrey
    PS- I very rarely use Google email-my regular email addr is:
    rreidt2002@yahoo.com-just so you know

    ReplyDelete