October 25, 2010

A Monday Night Throwdown!

This Monday was a "Battle of New York Pizza". A friendly competition between my dad and I to be judged by my mom and Kyle (2 food connoisseurs???) Let's look at the contenders...

Dad: Recently thinks he's been to culinary school after reading a cookbook or two. Not to say he isn't a good cook, but come on buddy...you ain't Emeril!

Me: An international chef (hey, my friends in Dominica like my cooking). I do like to cook, but I don't do anything too fancy.


Looks like this is a pretty even competition. Let the battle begin...

Can you tell who made which pizza???


Well, I made the pizza in the first picture and Dad made the pizza in the second picture. He went with a pizza stone in the oven and I made mine on the grill. I must say, both pizzas were very tasty and I'm not sure there was a clear winner. Overall, it was a fun competition that produced some wonderful food and great memories.

My pizza on the grill. (We don't get this in Dominica)




Two weeks ago we made a wild rice beef roll with asparagus for the Vikings and Jets game. Very tasty! Last week we made BBQ pork sandwiches with coleslaw for the Tennessee vs. Jacksonville game. As many of you know, my mom is from Tennessee so this was authentic! We even used my grandma's famous, and delicious, coleslaw recipe. Down home cookin' and darn good! Next week the Colts play the Texans. I do believe I see a beef brisket in our future...


No comments:

Post a Comment