October 24, 2010

Slackin'

I haven't been too good about blog posts in the recent weeks. I guess you could say I've been slacking! I must say, I don't have as much to write about. Not that my days or boring...they're just filled with most of the same things you all do each day. When we were in Dominica I could tell you about the cows I see when I walk to and from the store, how it takes me hours to shop for everything I need for meals, how it rained constantly (it is a rain forest), and the crazy things I do to fill my days while Kyle studied for 15 hours at a time. Now, I just fill you in on the things Kyle and I do in AZ that we missed so much while being in Dominica, but this must seem a little crazy to you all.
Since we've been home...
  • We walk into any grocery store in awe of the amount of food that is available and how fresh it looks
  • We go to the mall and gawk at all the fabulous winter clothes that we would NEVER wear in Dominica
  • We go to the movies only to find out we haven't heard of half of the titles (we only see a few commercials for new movies coming out)
  • We drive in a large, air conditioned vehicle on the right side of the road. The freedom to go where you want, when you want is amazing
  • We can get a quick carry-out dinner that isn't greasy Chinese food or cardboard pizza...the possibilities are endless!
  • Best of all, we get to see and chat with our families whenever we want. "Hey mom, wanna run to the store?", "Hey Dad, want to grab a beer and watch the game?" We LOVE getting to do that. It's truly the best!!!

Ahhhhh, America! We've never loved you more. Live in a 3rd world country some day. It will make you appreciate all that you have or have available at your fingertips.

Coming soon...an update on Monday Night Football meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment