September 21, 2010

Our New Normal

We are home, in AZ. I must start this post by saying thank you to all of you for the kind words of encouragement and prayers...we certainly need them. This has been a challenging time in our lives as we ask ourselves daily "what is going on and where are we going?" We both feel so discouraged and lost at times, but continue to push forward to create a "new normal". Here's the scoop, the abridged version:
Well, we've been home for almost 2 weeks and in that time we've been to the ER, spent a night in the hospital, and have learned about all the things Kyle doesn't have. He's had an MRI, CT scan, x-rays, lumbar puncture, angiogram, eye exam, and what seems like everything else in between. Poor fella'. You know, for someone who wants to be a doctor, he sure puts up quite a fight when it comes to dealing with them. First we were told it was migraines, now it seems like all the symptoms are unrelated. We're trying new medications and forms of therapy and we'll see how that goes.
In other news, my days of lounging around at the pool and being a Dominican housewife are over for now and I will be starting substitute teaching next week. It allows me the flexibility to take care of my sick boy and make some money to cover all the extra expenses we've been incurring. You don't even want to know (but if you want to make a donation to the "Kyle and Heidi Poor Fund"...let me know, haha). Kyle also hopes to pick up a few days of work once he's feeling a little better and that too will help us out.
We're back at my grandma's house, the one only a few houses down from my parents, and it feels like deja vu. We've, and I mean me, have been unpacking all of our stuff from storage that we'll be needing through December. It seems like we just did this 9 months ago. I'm sure my grandma thought she finally got rid of us, but we're baaaaaack! We really appreciate her taking us in.
That's all the news I have for now. You know, things could be a lot worse than spending time with friends and family for the next few months. The break from humidity isn't so bad either.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you both the best, I will keep you in my prayers and hope to see yall soon.

    ReplyDelete