July 7, 2011

Graduation Day

It's the season of graduation ceremonies here in Dominica and I went with a couple of other girls who are involved with In.Light.In to support a couple of the boys who come nearly every week...Jervon and Joseph. These are two very special boys who have a heart of gold. Their families were extremely proud of them as they prepare to go the high school next year.





The graduation took place at a church in Portsmouth with friends and family there to show their love for the graduates.






The ceremony lasted over 3 hours and was filled with speeches, awards, singing, dancing, prayers, and thanks.

Here are Jervon and Joseph accepting their diploma from the bishop.


Clare, Emily, and me, there to cheer on the boys and wish them success in their studies.


4 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this, Heidi. what a special day... they looks so proud and handsome! and can i just say you look wonderful in that last photo, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls have been so awesome to the kids here on the island. I'm sure they will miss you and Emily. I wished some times that I had not been so busy so that I could help them out as you guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my day even better! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, this is such a beautiful post. The boys look so handsome! You guys are the best. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete