January 9, 2010

First Time to the Market


This morning we went to the market around 6:30am. It starts at 6 so we thought we would just make sure all the people had their stuff out and were ready to go. Apparently we needed to be there at 5:55 since all the fish was sold by the time we arrived. Looks like we will be eating like vegetarians this week. We loaded up on a lot of produce and paid only $11 USD for all of it. Pretty good. We got a small bag of potatoes, 2 bags of green beans, a bunch of tiny bananas, 2 plantains to grill, 3 cucumbers, a large bunch of carrots, basil, thyme, and 2 large roots that I plan on using my mandolin (when it arrives with the barrel) to make chips out of. I'll let you know how that goes.


In other news, I have put a lot of photos up on my Kodak Gallery account, but I have to email you all in order for you to view the album. I have sent a handful of you the photos, but I thought it would be more appropriate for you to email me, heidiandkyle@yahoo.com, and request them since I do not know who all is following this site nor do I have all of your email addresses. Those of you who got the album sent to you, please feel free to share.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the food is interesting. I can just see you opening the coconut.
    Nice warm day here is AZ
    G/G Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no sleeping in on Saturdays. That is so funny, you told me that yesterday that you are supposed to be there by 6:00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi and Kyle, sounds like quite and adventure you both are having. The whale trip sounds awesome but I can do without the cadaver. Take care of yourselves.
    Love, Danny and Carol

    ReplyDelete