January 15, 2010

White Coat Ceremony


Thursday afternoon Kyle had his "White Coat Ceremony". This is when a student, beginning the long road to becoming a doctor, is formally "robed" in his white coat by another doctor. It is a pretty special thing that marks a big step in a student's life. Needless to say I was late for the event, I only missed the long speeches and formal "crap", but made it in time to take pictures of Kyle taking his walk through the line. The reasons I was late were...first, mid-shower, and mid-shampoo I might add, a water pipe broke at our place and we lost all water. I had to think quickly and use the only water we had around, a nice cold bottle of filtered water in the fridge, to rinse out all the shampoo. After I got ready, I thought I was on my way when the "meat man" called and said, "I am here now, come pick up your chicken". How convenient, I thought, and made my way down the hill and to school, waited for him for 20 minutes in the sun (welcome to "island time"), and finally got my 36 frozen chicken breasts. I hate to complain because I really am happy about getting some protein in our house. These things are hard to come by around here. Sweaty as heck, I made it to the ceremony took pictures and was more than happy to tag along with the guys when they wanted to get a/some celebratory drinks.

Today, my day is less stressful and more about getting things organized around the house and maybe a bit of lying by the pool and yoga with some of the other spouses. I can't complain about that!

2 comments:

  1. You little "shiza" Heidi-As I read your posts a create this play-by-play in my head. I come to your blog to smile and laugh out loud at work. Miss you guys like crazy. Kyle, you look sharp in that coat...who woulda guessed?!?!-Love, JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - What an adventure you had getting to the ceremony! I'm sure you were ready for that drink!

    Kyle...just remember to take your coat off when you interact with the little ones. Stanger anxiety & white coats don't mix :)

    ReplyDelete