February 11, 2010

1 Test Down 2 Practicals to Go...

Kyle did really is well on his exam! Thank you to all of you who were thinking of him on Monday. He has a histology practical tomorrow and an anatomy practical on Tuesday (again say your prayers). Looks like I will be having a candle-lit dinner for one this Valentine's Day. Carnival is on Monday, they have no school that day. At least that gives him time to study without any new material and lectures. We've been selling coffee this week. Business has been a little slower, but it will pick up as we get closer to the next exam. Kyle says people ask where we are on the days we take off. I have been quite busy lately as I have gotten myself involved in more things around here...mainly volunteer stuff, but others paid. Some things with the school and some with the local community. I finally got some free time to go to the beach this afternoon. Funny how when we first got here I went to the beach nearly every day and now I long for a few spare hours to swim, listen to the waves, and feel the cool ocean breeze. Kyle even surprised me and brought us each a Kubuli beer this afternoon while I was on the pier. We toasted to his success on the test and it was nice to have 15 minutes with him away from school where we can talk and I don't have to listen to all the students using medical jargon. Sometimes I think my head might explode...it's bad when the only words you understand in a sentence are and, the, and a.
By the way, I haven't sent pictures out in a while. Obviously I don't have as many now that our adventures have slowed down and our life is becoming more routine and normal(I don't know if that's even a word I can use to describe this place???) . Hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have them all put together for you all to see. Again, if you don't get the pictures and would like them, please let me know via email, heidiandkyle@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment