February 9, 2010

Celebrate and then Back to the Grind


Emmet, Kyle, and Kyle


Me, Taylor, and Meagan


Jared, John, and Kyle



The test is over!!! Kyle felt great about his exam so thank you for all of your well wishes and thank you to him for all his hard work. He finished up about 4pm and we went straight to the Beach Bash. There was volleyball, wind surfing, swimming, a bonfire, food and drinks (notice the plural). I must say there are times I think, "Wow! These people are going to be doctors?!?!?". It was great time to just relax with our friends. It is rare we all get to hang out together with their different lab schedules, study patterns, and commitments. Us wives, however, see each other quite a bit, but we are usually without our other halves. It was nice for all the students to let loose after many weeks, days, and hours of studying. The freedom didn't last for long as school resumed today and all were back on their A-game, some getting a slower start than others. I too went back to my duties with a day full of house cleaning, laundry folding (we send it out, but I think they fold it with their eyes closed), putting away groceries from my shopping trip yesterday, picking up meat that I ordered and carrying it up the hill. We will also be selling coffee tonight. Scary to think the next exam is only 4 weeks away, but for at least this week we will get to spend a little more time together. I am learning to appreciate every minute.

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear about what is going on in Dominica. Way to go Kyle, I can only imagine how intense it is for you. You are very lucky to have a true supporter like Heidi. I will however laugh my ass off when you finish this journey and Heidi is the owner "the next Starbucks" and your "just a doctor."

    ReplyDelete