February 7, 2010

Pray for Success on Exam 1

It was great to talk to some of you via Skype during the Super Bowl party. We were really sad that we could not be here. We watched the 4th quarter at home...quite a non event. I made Kraft mac n' cheese, which is no chili and dogs, but it was late, Kyle had studied for nearly 16 hours, and we were both tired. It was certainly not our normal plans for big game, but then again a lot of things are very different here. None the less, we are having an amazing time on the island. Kyle might say differently given that he has studied a lot over the past few weeks and has really pushed himself this past week. I honestly don't know how he does it, but it makes me very proud to call him my husband. He has stayed so focused and has not taken his stress out on me in any way. I wish him the best of luck on his exam tomorrow and I ask that you all say a prayer for his success. While he is taking his exam, I will be grocery shopping in Roseau. We will leave bright and early in order to make the 1 hour drive and hit all the places we need to go. I am very excited about this...I know I know it's the little things here, and I have a very extensive list of supplies we need.
In other news, our coffee business has been going really well. We took Saturday off...Taylor and I went to Roseau to get supplies, went to church, and had a girls night out with about 12 other spouses. Hey, someone in this family has to have a little fun. Kyle said a lot of people wondered where the coffee girls were. Now that it is not exam week we will only have our stand open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. It is a lot to be there from 4-11 each night, but come the next exam we will be there every night again. By the way...I am getting the impression that many of you think we make cappuccinos, macchiatos, and frappacinos. Hahaha! Let me just say that we have to basic coffee pots, powdered creamer (there is no milk here) and sugar. It is nothing fancy, but the students just want cheap caffeine that is convenient and that's what we have. We only charge 5 EC for our coffee and 3 EC for a refill. The students love it, keep us busy, and always say thanks. So as I end this entry, I want to remind you all to think of us, Kyle especially, as he takes his exam. This med school stuff is stressing me out...and I'm not even enrolled.

3 comments:

  1. Hey you two!! Hope Kyle's exam went well today! Lots of us were thinking of you yesterday while watching the game and enjoying the festivities at your parents' place. I've been reading your blog when I can, school has been keeping me busy as well. Really enjoying hearing how life is in Dominica. Sounds challenging in some ways, and adventurous in others. Hope all is well, and just to let you know, your mom is chomping at the bit to get down there and see you! Keep the updates (and pics) coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wish I only had one exam per month...I had one yesterady (Aced it), a standarized patient exam on Friday and a GI block final next Tuesday...Kyle, you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete