February 19, 2010

Batibou Beach

On Wednesday, Feb. 17th, the girls and I went to Batibou Beach. My new favorite beach in Dominica. The sand was so soft and fine and the water was crystal clear. It was nice to be able to walk way out into the ocean and still be able to stand and see your feet. Hopefully Kyle will be able to visit the beach some day. I also hope to take my mom here when she visits. Can't wait to see her...she arrives Wednesday afternoon! I also heard she may be bringing a few goodies for us. Oh wait, it was me who gave her the packing list. Thanks mom, we love you.
This past Saturday Kyle and I went to Roseau, the capital city. We played tourists and went to all the stalls selling Dominican "crap". It was more fun to watch the people from the cruise ship loading up on souvenirs. They were all decked out in tropical shirts, sundresses, big straw hats, all completed by horrible sun burns. We were also hassled by the local cab drivers to go on an excursion to the beach or to a waterfall to which we replied "We live here, we've done all that". That got them off our backs real quick, but what was surprising was their excitement about the fact that we were fellow islanders. We even got a few high fives. We just spent half the day there. It was great to get away from "the bubble", as I refer to the campus sometimes, and see something different. Kyle and I both appreciated our time spent together before he returned to studying for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Your "goodies" are packed and locked and we leave in 24 hours. Can't wait to see my kids! Tell Kyle that Bella and Macy put me over the baggage weight limit but Presley fits perfectly.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete