March 8, 2010

Expanding the Business


Taylor and I have been talking for a while about adding some baked goods to our business, but things like chocolate are expensive and hard to find around here, the solution...cinnamon buns! I made our first batch, from scratch, yesterday which we sold with our coffee. They are very cheap and easy to make and the students couldn't get enough of them, especially when they were doused in a glaze. We sold out completely and we made 65 EC. This isn't bad considering I gave away the first 5 to our friends to try. Now I know we can make them for less that 1 EC each, mom and I did a cost analysis, and sell them for 5 EC. We are both very excited about the addition to our "company". Nothing like something sweet to go along with a hot cup of coffee. As my dad says, "I see income potential". I don't think these buns will pay for medical school, but maybe some groceries or electricity.
Note: I bought some local cinnamon and I had to laugh at the label on the bag...SEENAMON. 94% literacy rate...doubt it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddos,
    Glad you guys are having so much fun.You will be happy to know that I only went to curves 3 times since you left. The pics are great and hope you are recovering from your sunburn. Lots of rain here. Just makes you want to stay inside and eat comfort food. Which is what I have done. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Love, Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me Heidi! I miss you and your creativity:) Can't wait to see you in April. Save some of that cash under your mattress for some "shopping therapy" as your mom says. XOXO from the both of us.

    ReplyDelete