March 8, 2010

Updates...


Well, it's been one week since my last entry, which I apologize for, but I have been so busy just relaxing and spending time with my mom. We have only done a few of the touristy things here...for the most part we have just relaxed and enjoyed the weather since we got back from Martinique. I've been showing her how we live around here. Everything from where we get our groceries and produce, the campus, our favorite spots for a drink and the sunsets, and our favorite beaches (see the tan/burn line on my mom's back). We've had so much fun. I'll be sad to see her leave, but only about 6 weeks until we come home in April. We will actually be coming in sooner than originally thought! Now we will arrive on Wednesday, April 22nd and I will be staying until the 15th of May and Kyle until the 5th of May.


Speaking of Kyle, my hard working husband, he had his 2nd exam today. He felt good about it, but still say a prayer for him. He makes me so proud and I do not know how he can put it almost 14 hours of studying every day. He is so determined. These next few days will be nice since we have several plans to go to the beach, snorkeling, and to a waterfall...that is if it doesn't rain. We have had a huge drought here. Not one drop of rain for nearly 4 weeks. We finally had a little today, but weird to think that back in Phoenix there has been tons of rain. The rain here is nice because it does cool things down and as long as it stays rainy and the sun doesn't come out until the next day it doesn't feel as much like the usual sauna we have around here.


We would also like to let you all know that we will be moving. No...not to another island or city, but into another apartment. We really do love our place and we feel comfortable here, except for our temporary live-in fruit bats, but it is just a little too far to walk every day in the scorching sun and the heat will only get worse. Our new place is right on the main road and is just like an American apartment. My mom saw it and really liked the place. This will make our break in April a little stressful with the move and our visit home, but I feel like living here lets you know you can get through anything.


I've decided that in the next couple of weeks I will be posting little blurbs along with pictures of our life here. The grocery stores, the campus, our house, etc. I feel like most of you probably can't picture where we live. Or, maybe you have a picture in your mind, but let me tell you it is probably different than what things are actually like. So...be looking for those posts in the next week or so. Also, I will be sending out another thing of pictures from my mom's visit and the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment