March 14, 2010

Time with the Hubby

This past week has been wonderful. First, Kyle did amazing on his exam and I am so proud of him and his hard work. Second, it was a slower week for the students, in terms of classes, labs, and lectures, so we were able to spend a lot of time together. It's amazing how I learn to appreciate every minute he can give me out of his busy days. He has been home for dinner around 6 or 7 instead of the usual 10 or 11. On Tuesday, we went to the beach right here by school. I believe since we've been here I have become a bit of a beach snob. The one here by campus is a little rocky and the water isn't as clear, but it was close and convenient...so that's where we went, but I must say I prefer some of the other beaches around here more. We went swimming and played in the sand with some friends. It was a really great time.

On Friday afternoon a bunch of the girls went on a wine cruise. The description for this activity from the Spouse's Organization was "come out on the water and enjoy a variety of wines and light appetizers". Well...the wine was just ok, nothing fancy and we drank it out of small plastic Dixie cups, and the "light appetizers" included Pringles and Doritos. We all just laughed at the Dominican way and had a great time anyway. We were able to anchor down by the coast and go snorkeling in the beautiful clear water. It was stunning!
The clear waters where we went snorkeling

Taylor and I out on the boat.

Some of the girls are floating in the water, others are snorkeling.
On Saturday, my friend Meagan put together an island tour since her sister is in town. We went to Trafalgar Falls, Scott's Head, and Champagne Bay. All of us had our husbands with us which made the trip even more special.
The whole gang that went on the trip, including our driver "Bones".
Kyle and I at Scott's Head
Here I am looking mighty dorky in my snorkel gear. Getting ready to find some beautiful fish.
Our friends Ali and Dani hiking down from the falls to the pools.

Here I am swimming in the cold freshwater pools below Trafalgar falls.



No comments:

Post a Comment