April 11, 2010

Busy Weekend

Saturday was the Spring Festival for the children. I was in charge of "Pin the Tail on the Bunny". You can see the picture of what I came up with. I admit I am no artist, but I think it turned out pretty cute. The kids seemed to really like it too. I even blind folded them and spun them around a few times. The festival went great and the kids had a great time. Later that night we had 90's/Boy Band Night up at De Champs. I can't remember if I told you about this bar or not, but it is owned by a Dutch couple and it is a hotel as well. I like to think of De Champs as the Cheers of Dominica. It's the place where "everybody knows your name". It's also probably the worst place for guys to come looking for girls. About 90% of the time it is just the wives up there and obviously we are all taken. It's a really fun place to hang out. Anyway, back to 90's Night, we all dressed up and we had some girls that went for the grunge look, others did a Spice Girls look, and I went for the Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell look. We all had a lot of fun dancing and singing to songs we haven't heard in a while. To finish off the weekend I attended a baby shower for one of the 4th semester wives. It is amazing to see how creative people can be in a place like this when trying to host a nice event. We played games and chatted, as girls do, and it was a nice afternoon with some of my closest friends here on the island.
While I was busy with all these things, Kyle has been studying. His last mid-term exam is tomorrow and his final is Tuesday, the 20th, the day before we leave to come home. While he studies for his final, I will begin to pack up our house since we are moving. We won't be able to move-in until after we get back so I will be shoving all of our stuff in barrels and storing it. That's our agenda for the next week or so. Wish Kyle luck on his exams and me luck on fitting our stuff into the 1 large and 2 small barrels we have. Okay, so his task is harder, but either way both of us are getting very excited for Arizona. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment